Welcome Guest, Login | Register
Home | Medical | City Info | Image Gallery | Babies Name | Utilities | Poetry | Recipe | Joke/SMS | Articles | Hostel | Trade Events| MPDarshan
 
6 Oldest Forts In Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh is an apt place to comprehend the religion and culture of India. The capital of this state, Hyderabad boosts many attractions in and around the city. The pointed and beautiful carvings of the wood and splendid antiques of these magnificent forts and palaces will definitely cling you. Some of the well-known forts and palaces of this state include

Kondapalli Fort
============================================================
Kondapalli Fort is a wonderful tourist attraction located in a small village called Kondapalli. It is only at a distance of 16 km from Vijayawada city in Andhra Pradesh .This village is famous for its wonderful toys which are made from light-weight wood. The toys have a great demand in both national and international markets.
Kondapalli Fort is located 16 km away towards West from Vijayawada City and is built on a hill. Prolaya Vema Reddy, build this fort during 14th Century. Later came under the rule of the Qutubshahis who strengthened and eloborated by totaling new structures.

The Kondapalli fort is located in Kondapalli village in Krishna District of Andhra Pradesh. The fort has glorious history. The fort gives the proof of many families. The fort was built in 14th century. The fort was constructed by Prolaya Vema Reddy of kodaveedu. After that the fort came under the control of Qutub Shahis and they repaired it. Actually this fort was constructed in Kondapalli village which is at 16 km in the west of the city of Vijayawada. Relaxation and the entertaining are the main purpose of the fort.

Location: Vijayawada (Distance of 16 km from Vijayawada city)


Warangal Fort
============================================================
Warangal fort andhra pradesh - Warangal is to the north east of Hyderabad, 150 kilometers from it. The two cities are linked by road and rail.Warangal Fort is in southern Warangal.Warangal Fort, now in ruins, was once an impregnable fort in the state. Close to the Ekashila hill rock, there are different layers spreading out. The building of Warangal Fort began in 1199 AD at the instructions of the Kakatiyan king Ganapati Deva and his daughter, Rani Rudrama Devi supervised the process till its completion in 1261 AD.

The remnants of the fort that are present in the city provide some useful insights of the past civilization that used to occupy these lands.Warangal Fort is reputed for its architectural magnificence besides its history. The remnants of the fort comprise imposing gateways and tall, elegant towers, each almost 50 feet tall.The special feature distinguishing the four enormous pillars of the gateway is that they have been cut from a single rock. Three protective layers ensure the protection of what was once the inner precincts and center of power.Part of the ruins consist of delicate sculpture and stone work, motifs and designs delineating animals like lions and swans

Location: Warangal Fort (3 Km Distance from Warangal railway station to Warangal Fort)


Golconda Fort
============================================================
Golconda fort hyderabad andhra pradesh - Golconda (sometimes spelled as Golkonda) Fort was the capital of the ancient kingdom of Golconda which flourished in the 14th to 16th century. It is situated 11 kilometers from Hyderabad, the capital of the state of Andhra Pradesh. With walls ranging from 17 to 34 feet broken by 87 semi-circular bastions, some reaching 60 feet in height, and built on a granite hill that is 400 feet high, it remains one of India™'s most magnificent fortress complexes.

Today, even after almost 800 years, the fort still stands as one of Hyderabad™s greatest architectural wonders. One of it™s gratest engineering marvels is the fantastic acoustic effects: one handclap at a certain point below the entrance dome can be heard at the highest point of the pavilion almost a kilometer away. This was said to be used for warning the royals in case of an attack.The Balahisar Darwaza is one of the eight gate ways and is the most impressive gate way of all. The Golconda Fort of Hyderabad comprises of a palace, a parade ground, a mosque, an armory and other buildings. More than 380 uneven stone steps starts from the Balahisar Darwaza to Hyderabad Golconda Fort.

Location: Hyderabad (18 Km Distance from hadsiguda to Golconda fort Andhra Pradesh)


Gurramkonda Fort
============================================================
Gurramkonda is located near Madanapalle. Guram is Horse and Konda is a Hillock according to the local language.The fort on the hillock, Ragini Mahal and Maqbara Tomb and the Fort are worth seeing here and have a historical and archaeological importance.Over 500 years old, the fort walls were originally built of mud and rocks. Under the custody of the Vijayanagara Empire, the fort then went to the Golconda Sultans. It was they who fortified the ramparts and walls with rock. Conquered by the Marathas, the fort was subsequently taken over by the Ciddapah Sultans who lost it to Hyder Ali. Tipu Sultan defeated Hyder Ali and took over the fort only to lose it to the British.

Located around seventy two kilometers from Tirupati and a Heritage Site, the fort is well connected by rail and road. A popular tourist destination, the fort holds the tomb of Tipu Sultan™s maternal uncle, Mir Raja Ali and the Rangin Mahal Palace. Visit this place to see the ramparts which were once impregnable.

Location: Chittoor (Thirupathi way)


Chandragiri Fort
============================================================
Built in 1000 AD in the form of fortifications with bastions and a steep moat, Chandragiri was under the rule of Yadavarayas for about three centuries and came into the control of Vijayanagara rulers in 1367. It rose into prominence in 1568 AD and remained as seat of power for the later Vijayanagara kings under whose reign the fortified area was further extended and some of the magnificent buildings and temples were constructed. Some of the important kavyas of Vijayanagara period are said to be composed here. In 1646 the fort was annexed into the Golkonda territory, subsequently came under Mysore rule till 1792 and went into oblivion. Inside the fortification are seen eight ruined temples of saivite and vaishnavite pantheons, Raja mahal, Rani mahal and other ruined structures.

King's Palace: One of the finest examples of Indo-Saracenic architecture of Vijayanagara period, this imposing three storeyed palace adorned by the crowning towers representing certain Hindu architectural elements, was constructed with stone, brick, lime mortar and is devoid of timber

Queen's Palace: Similar to the Kings palace in style and method of execution, this edifice with ground floor looking like a stable and first floor containing quarters adorned with ornamental sikhara has a flat roof.

Location: Chandragiri (33km from Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam to Chandragiri Fort andhra pradesh)


Kurnool Fort
============================================================
Built during the era of the reign of the Vijaynagar Empire by Achyuta Devarayalu, a ruler from the same dynasty, all that remains today are mostly the ruins of the fort. Some sections however, still stand tall and are preserved as archeological entity. Built during the era of the reign of the Vijaynagar Empire by Achyuta Devarayalu, a ruler from the same dynasty, all that remains today are mostly the ruins of the fort. Some sections however, still stand tall and are preserved as archeological entity. It was and still remains one of the most important landmarks of Kurnool city.

On the south eastern side of the wall, you can find a buffalo and Goddess Yellamma, on the eastern side of the wall you can find a mythical lion and a sheep (or a royal boar). On the north-eastern side of the wall you can see a rider on a royal elephant uprooting a tree that symbolises Lord Indra on Airavath (His vehicle) and kalpavriksham (the divine tree). On the same wall you can also see images like snake engulfing a frog, a buffalo, pair of elephants, pair of spiders, monkey climbing the tree and a horse drawing a chariot. You can also see slight images of Sri Rama, Lakshmana and Goddess Sita. There is also an image of an elephant and a lion locked in a fight. There is a bastion named Konda Reddy fort, constructed as a strategic watch tower by the rulers of the Vijayanagara Empire. Underneath lies a passage (tunnel) which connects the fort to Gadwal which is 52 km away. The specialty of this tunnel is it crosses under the river Tungabhadra and reaches gadwal which was ruled by Nalla Somanadri who was the one built an ecxellent fort in gadwa.

Location: Kurnool (2 km from Kurnool Town Railway Station)
posted by Shankar Das Shankar Das @ 8:44AM on date 18-09-2014
Views (495)
0 comments
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional   Valid CSS!
esagar.com © 2009-2011 All rights reserved | Powered by Das Consultancy Services